The Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Football Discussion' started by eagles15, May 16, 2004.

1. eagles15

eagles15 Moderator Staff Member

Eagle fans chime in here with your predictions on the season, mcnabb owens combo and anything else you wana talk about
  2. fessy

fessy SRMer

also chime in about 3 consecutive failures at the NFC Championship....you block headed sicilian cheesesteak eating guido motherfuckers......j/k, I just thought I'd throw it out there. :wink:
  3. eagles15

yea you can also chime in about that if you want to
  4. eagles15

also news about reid, simon and what ever the hell u wana talk about
  5. Goobers13

Goobers13 SRMer

We should do very well this season as always... ultimately, it comes down to injuries, but hopefully we'll add some more depth in our thin areas so that we won't get raped if a couple guys go down... I also can't wait to see how McDougle and Burgess turn out. They could both potentially be VERY good. We do have to keep in mind that there are a lot of question marks... although all of them have shown flashes, pressure will be on Sheldon Brown, Lito Sheppard, Derrick Burgess, LJ Smith, Correll Buckhalter, Brian Westbrook and Freddie Mitchell to show that they can be consistantly explosive.

I don't even expect TO's stats to be outrageous, but his presence will give the offense a whole new dimension. By opposing defenses focusing on him, it will open up things for Buckhlater, Westbrook, LJ Smith, Todd Pinkston, Freddie Mitchell and even McNabb. Before, oposing teams could keep 8 guys in the box because there weren't any huge receiving threats and that kept McNabb from tearing the shit out of them by rushing... with more emphasis put on the receivers, I expect McNabb to have a good rushing season.
  6. eagles15

yea, you bring up very valid points. Who do you think will start at TE? Im hoping that L.J starts. But i think reid will stick with chad just because he is a vet. Either way i think L.J will get more playing time and hopefully turn into a stud te
  7. Goobers13

Goobers13 SRMer

I'm hoping LJ will too, but either way, I expect him to be a pretty big part of the offense. It's always good to be able to run two-TE sets.
  8. eagles15

Who is going to be the other starting de McDougle or Burgess? I really liked Burgess in his rookie year when he had the 6 sacks. I dont think he will be able to perform at the level he did in his rookie year with all the injuries he sustained. Im hoping McDougle turns up his game because he looked like shit last year
  9. Goobers13

Goobers13 SRMer

Jim Johnson has said that Burgess "picked up right where he left off" from the injuries... last year, he was their best DE before getting injured. I think he has the greatest chance to start... ND Kalu may get it, simply because of experience, but I think McDougle will start out as the primary backup. He didn't show a whole lot last year and hasn't had much time to learn. Whoever starts will benefit greatly from having Kearse, Simon and Walker on the line with them.... Simon and Walker were double-teamed a lot last year and they still got 14 sacks (combined). Now add, depth behind them and Jevon Kearse next to them and they could do damn good.
  10. thepiecemaka

thepiecemaka SRMer

hey just a thought i had here, do you think if george is cut by the titans, the eagles would look into bringing him aboard? cause i don't know if westbrook and buckhalter can carry the load for the whole season
  11. jsaquella

jsaquella SRMer

The Eagles will look at veterans who get cut on the 1st, but I doubt they'd have serious interest in Eddie. They want a guy who can be the third head with no problems. Eddie's going to want to be the feature back somewhere.
  12. eagles15

yea i dont think there is a big possibility of eddy coming here. I would like him but the eagles wont give him the money he is going to be looking for. I think there is a bigger need for a cb than a rb
  13. eagles15

did you see the kets page they had a 30+ page going, i think we can come close to it lets pick it up
  14. eagles15

what cb's are going to be cut on june 1
  15. Stormshadow

Stormshadow SRMer

Our D-line is going to be bad ass if they stay healthy this year
  16. eagles15

yea the d line will be killer. I think that we will lead the leauge in sacks this year. Kearse and burgess should both have nice years
  17. bravesfan

bravesfan SRMer

:rof:

And Westbrook will run for 5600 yards right?
  18. jsaquella

jsaquella SRMer

On paper the D-line looks good. However, the Eagles are relying on several guys that have had injury issues over the past few years. If guys like Kearse, Burgess and Thomas are healthy and able to play the whole year, they have the skills to be very good.

But those injuries have to concern you on some level.
  19. eagles15

5,600 thats all your saying westbrook will run for? Dam you have no clue how good this guy is. I was saying at least 7000 this year. I know your bitter because all the atl teams suck. Those falcons you have really blow. Yea the injuries are a concern but the doctors said that the physicals were superb
  20. bravesfan

bravesfan SRMer

:D Damn I knew you you were dumb but I didn't think that dumb!!

Can't you see my sig? Can't you see my location indicated right under my post count?

I'm a COWBOY FAN!!
  21. eagles15

ha you tore me up there. And that wasnt sarcasm.
  22. has Jamel White signed anywhere?...or did he go back to the Browns?
  23. bravesfan

bravesfan SRMer

Jamel White went to the Bucs I believe...

24. ahh yes...thats right....

that backfield isn't looking too shabby over there in tampa
  25. eagles15

dam tb is going to have a killer backfield

26. Jamel White and Garner are both Westbrook type backs, and Pittman only makes plays when he catches the ball it seems...

are they running the wco?
  27. eagles15

im not sure what they run but i hope they dont use a 3 headed monster like we did last year. I think they might run the wco
  28. jsaquella

jsaquella SRMer

They will run a variation of it. Every one of those guys is a fit for Gruden's scheme. It'll be a lot like what he did here with Garner and Watters-the original "Thunder and Lightning".
  29. eagles15

remember when the giants tried the thunder and lighting? What ever happened to ron dayne

30. lol, they had a nickname before they even proved anything