Spring Training Injury Thread

Discussion in 'MLB & College Baseball Discussion' started by MeLLo, Mar 6, 2012.

1. MeLLo

MeLLo SRMer

Post em here

* Shaun Marcum out with shoulder soreness

* Ryan Madson out with elbow soreness

* Carl Crawford could miss opening day after suffering a setback with his wrist

* Ryan Howard is going to miss significant time after a setback with his surgically repaired Achilles tendon

* Corey Hart could start the season on the DL as he will undergo knee surgery for torn cartilage

* AJ Burnett will miss 2 months with a facial fracture
  2. MookStunna

MookStunna SRMer

I think I just read on the denverpost.com that Crawford will miss opening day.

AJ Burnett's injury is pure awesome by the way.

Cashman-
    "Hey AJ, we traded you the the Pirates. Don't go doing anything stupid, because you still get your 23 million."

AJ-
    "Guess I'll bunt a ball in my face."

Win.
  3. kofanis0880

kofanis0880 SRMer

AJ - "I would be pissed I suck, but I'm still getting paid for $23 million"

Cashman - "Someone has to be dumb enough to take him off our hands... The Pirates"

Huntington - "So Brian you're telling me I can get an opening day starter, a former all-star and some money for some shitty prospects?"

Cashman - "Absolutely"

Huntington - "Done"

AJ - "Whatever, I still get my $23 million and now I can hit and bunt again. Awesome!"

Huntington - "Fuck I thought I was getting CC"

AJ - "Fuck I thought I was going to Philly.... Guess I'll bunt a ball in my face."
    • Like Like x 1
  4. MeLLo

MeLLo SRMer

Same story different year - Chase Utley out with "general soreness" in his knees & still isn't participating in Spring Training. Here we go again...