Ron Artest (Metta World Peace) Suspended 7 Games

Discussion in 'NBA Basketball Discussion' started by KMoney, Apr 24, 2012.

1. KMoney

KMoney Administrator Staff Member

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/e...world-peace-7-games-for-elbow-to-james-harden
  2. KMoney

This is not enough for this retarded scumbag. How the hell they allowed this fool to have the word Peace in his name is retarded on it's own. I hope he retires the league needs to get rid of this cancer.
  3. stsags

stsags SRMer

4. JShow34

JShow34 SRMer

The reason he got 7 & the NBA doesn't look like a free for all which the NHL playoffs have become. The NBA doesn't need WWE antics like the NHL does, therefore he probably should have gotten atleast 10 games. If Harden was seriously injured I would imagine Artest would have had a longer suspension.
  5. cowboykid_8

cowboykid_8 SRMer

Might as well change his name to Beta World War III.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. ACC Rulez

ACC Rulez SRMer

Elbow to the head normally gets a player 2 games....with the violent and confusing nature of the situation...I say 3 to 5 games....plus Artest's (I hate that World Peace BS) rep, I thought he would get at least 10 and maybe the rest of the season. The NBA hasn't been coming down hard on penalties lately....for some reason, they have slightly softened up. Should have been 8 games to ensure he misses the first round of the playoffs.
  7. MookStunna

MookStunna SRMer

Someone suspended 13 previous times...for something like this...only gets 7 games? I know I've murdered Bettman on here for years, but HOW CAN ANYONE THINK STERN ISN'T A WEASELY, LITTLE PIECE OF SCUM now?
  8. JShow34

JShow34 SRMer

I'm no fan of Stern but let's not overreact here. He should have gotten 10 games, he got 7 games.
  9. J-Pass

J-Pass The Producer

I think he should've been suspended for the rest of the season.

He's a repeat offender, he trivializes the meaning of World Peace by having that his name, somehow I don't think he even knows what Metta means.... and that elbow was vicious. I don't care if he didn't see Harden, that was an elbow thrown with no regard for whoever was taking it. If it hit you in the arm, the chest, the face, Artest didn't care, he was just trying to hurt you.

I'm sick of Ron Artest.
  10. JShow34

JShow34 SRMer

While when you see that Kevin Love got 2 games for stomping on Scola's head it seems about accurate he would get 7-10.
  11. JShow34

JShow34 SRMer

I wish they came down even harder. Don't turn the NBA into the NHL. There is too much talent to turn the style of play back to the late 80's early 90's bloodshow.
  12. KMoney

Ron Artest never grew up and is a wannabe thug, I agree he should be suspended until the lakers year is over. whether it is after the first round or after they win the finals.
  13. JShow34

JShow34 SRMer

Ron Artest is a good guy that has the tendancy to lose his cool & temper in high pressure/competitive situations. To say that he is a thug is FLAT OUT WRONG!
  14. KMoney

Ron Artest is not a good guy. C'mon. Also I said Wannabe Thug, his temper and his tendency to lose his cool is what makes him a wannabe thug. Only his big blow ups get media attention, but I'm sure as you know, if you watch Lakers games he does little dickhead things every game. Whether it is falling onto someone and using all of his weight intentionally to get up, cheap shots or whatever else there may be. He is a modern day Dennis Rodman, he is an idiot.
  15. gribbzz

gribbzz SRMer

Anyone can change their name to whatever they want unless it is derogatory or harassing to someone else. Not retarded they let him, retarded that he did it.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. gribbzz

gribbzz SRMer

What WWE tactics are you talking about? None of the NHL players talk on microphones about fighting each other. They get in fights on the ice, none of which are staged.
  17. J-Pass

J-Pass The Producer

It's only staged when Cindy Crosby's involved.
  18. cmnelson1987

cmnelson1987 SRMer

It's funny that he constantly compares the NHL to the WWE when it's the NBA that has 'Superstars' complaining about getting disrespected, players being divas and holding organizations hostage and then the whole vetoed trade last summer coming off like a script. Plus, the NBA is the league that has had guys be referred to as Metta World Peace and Bison Dele, instead of their given names. If there is a league comparable to the WWE, it would be the NBA.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. KMoney

That's just stupid.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  20. stsags

stsags SRMer

Oh what you didn't hear? Mario's mamas boy; Cindi Crysbaby broke a fingernail during a hockey game and now JShow compares it to the WWF. Makes perfect sense to me for a Pittsburgh fan.
  21. ACC Rulez

ACC Rulez SRMer

I think the NBA is probably closer to WWE because it is popular.
  22. TyKixx

TyKixx SRMer

If the NBA was the WWE Lebron would loose in the Finals again, get injured, & be next years surprise Royal Rumble winner.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. stsags

stsags SRMer

This falsehood again? It's closer than you think and the numbers are even closer than the last time we went through this. It's dead even now.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=871768
  24. ACC Rulez

ACC Rulez SRMer

I am just messing with you.....don't want to drag this out again. Looking forward to Nashville vs Ottawa in the Finals. :)
  25. stsags

stsags SRMer

Damn you sir!

Yeah, it's more fun to poke at JShow's absurdity than me. Oh I fixed that for you.
  26. J-Pass

J-Pass The Producer

He addressed the elbow with the media today.

In which he showed no remorse, apologized for nothing and just continued to make excuses and change the topic.

Like I said before, I am SICK of Ron Artest. I will never address him Metta World Peace, it's an insult to the idea of World Peace.
  27. KMoney

Just imagine if Harden would have gotten a serious injury and missed the playoffs. They are the 2 seed but are still the favorites in the west, without Harden they won't win the title let alone the west. Artest could have easily ruined an entire teams season because he's a retard.
  28. ACC Rulez

ACC Rulez SRMer

I think the NBA waited to hear more about Harden's status before making its ruling.
  29. cowboykid_8

cowboykid_8 SRMer

Artest wins championship. First person he thanks is his therapist. In short, the dude is fuckin' nuts.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  30. J-Pass

J-Pass The Producer

Normally, I root for Kobe, I'm a Kobe fan. But it's so hard to like the rest of that Laker team right now.