Josh Jarboe: Victim of Technology.

Discussion in 'NCAA College Football Discussion' started by bipolarboy, Aug 12, 2008.

1. bipolarboy

bipolarboy SRMer

Any guesses where he winds up?

I'm betting Arkansas.
  2. MookStunna

MookStunna SRMer

hmm...last I checked there is still the Bill of Rights yes?

Just freedom of speech and expression is all I was wandering...

Dismissal from a team? Stoops is a hillbilly.
  3. bipolarboy

bipolarboy SRMer

Are there hills in Oklahoma?
  4. jumanji

jumanji Moderator Staff Member

Let me guess. It was technology's fault that he was carrying a gun at school, too?
  5. Negrodamus

Negrodamus SRMer

exactly... Jarboe is a victim of being a dumbass...
  6. pswift00

pswift00 Moderator Staff Member

I'm guessing they're saying this violates some code of conduct he agreed to? Harumph. Reeks of racism to me. He should learn to stick to hazin', rapin', and snorting coke off of strippers asses like one of the good ol' boys.
  7. bipolarboy

bipolarboy SRMer

Yeah, if they'd invented a damn ray gun by now, he wouldn't have to be totin' a nine around.
  8. detna3333

detna3333 SRMer

Jarboe is stupid but he deserves a second chance. I know LSU, Georgia, and Florida were interested but i think oklahoma was the only school to offer
  9. jumanji

He got a second chance. He already got expelled from HS for carrying a gun.

If this were the first incident he'd had, I would agree that he shouldn't have been kicked off the team (and if it were the first, I highly doubt he would have been kicked off). But I gotta say I can't feel sorry for him.
  10. jriddle3

jriddle3 Super Moderator Staff Member

Petrino hater.
    Nope, all that crap went to Ol Miss with Nutt & Co.

Hate on BP all you want but he is 10X more disciplined (and professional, and smarter,...) than Nutt.

PS: Someone call ESPiN, Athur Blank needs a rimjob and another cheapshot article about Petrino to allow him an erection. The sheep are waiting,...
  11. detna3333

detna3333 SRMer

are you kidding me? Most of the guys he recruited at louisville were kicked off
  12. jriddle3

He was arrested for receiving stolen property and having a weapon on school property (I thought Atlanta Schools installed metal detectors years ago) — both felony charges

It sure looks like Jarboe got off with a slap because he plays ball.

While Oklahoma should have cut him loose then, the fact that he later raps about killing after his gun problems a few months before tells me that he is just now starting to understand the ramifications of his actions.

This may be the best thing that ever happened to the kid.
  13. DUMBASS he got in trouble for carring a gun to school and then raps about it!!!
  14. JustinA407

JustinA407 SRMer

I don't think this is a valid arguement. If they had kicked him off the team after the gun incident then yeah it would be ok. The fact of the matter is that they did not and should not be able to dismiss someone based on something they say on a Youtube video.

As far as I'm concerned he should have been able to say that he was going to OU and was going to bring a gun and shoot people in the dorm and they shouldn't have been able to do what they did. He should only be kicked off the team for his actions and not some stupid rap.

Sure the kid is a moron, but from my experience so are the majority of people.
  15. bipolarboy

bipolarboy SRMer

I watched the High School All-Star game that Jarboe played in last year. He waited until halftime to declare and even then he seemed like a guy that didn't have a lot going on between his ears.
  16. jriddle3

I am so surprised! :shock:

:roll:
  17. jumanji

I strongly disagree with that. I realize there's such a thing as free speech, but I just don't think someone can say whatever they want and have no consequences for it. Should he be arrested? No. But if I were a coach, would I want someone who's already been arrested on gun related charges and then is dumb enough rap about shooting people representing my team? Absolutely not. As a fan, I wouldn't want them representing my team, either. I just don't think free speech grants someone the right to be able to say anything they want and not face consequences from the team. I mean, if an employee talked about walking in and shooting up the office, I wouldn't expect an employer to just say that it's OK. I would expect them to hand out some kind of consequences.
  18. Negrodamus

Negrodamus SRMer

Willie Williams? Is that you?
  19. jriddle3

These days, grade school kids are suspended if the even make a gun motion or a drawing of guns.

While political correctness is a bit much, the fact that we have a segment of society that glorifies felonies in song doesn't mean that such actions aren't a potential threat.

If not, I guess that we can threaten people in song and call it "Artistic expression".

Of course, singing your threats kinda defeats the whole tough guy persona. (ie: Who was scared watching Westside story?)
  20. JustinA407

JustinA407 SRMer

Ok so the direct threat about actually killing people at OU is probably a bit much, but still it's stupid to kick someone off of a football team for something he said while messing around with his friends.

The fact that he was arrested on gun charges before I think should be irrelevant. I would have no problem if he was dismissed because of that, but this is ridiculous.
  21. bipolarboy

bipolarboy SRMer

The one way I buy this (and in no way do I think Stoops is smart enough to see it this way) is logically, if he's dumb enough to do something like this in the wake of what happened to him in high school, then he is DEFINITELY dumb enough to stumble into something a lot more serious down the road, so it could be viewed as a preemptive move. After the Bomer incident, Oklahoma doesn't need more bad press for another few years.
  22. chevy706

chevy706 SRMer

There is something to be said for simply recognizing a pattern of behavior and choosing to eliminate the source before it becomes a problem. As an institution that has the power to remove you if your grades slip too low, it should come as no surprise that they can (and should) toss somebody who has felony charges and threatens students on university grounds.
  23. gco211

gco211 Moderator

That was my thought as well. If he can't be smart enough to figure out he needs to be on his best behavior for a while, you might not want the risk.
  24. ThomasTomasz

ThomasTomasz Moderator Staff Member

How much longer before he does something else stupid? The pattern rarely changes.
  25. detna3333

detna3333 SRMer

Well that's the last we'll hear of him. Anyone know how Rhett Bomar has been at Sam Houston State?
  26. gco211

gco211 Moderator

I believe since he was released from his scholarship before the fall semester and officially enrolling, I don't think he has to wait. He can enroll at any D1-A school, not only AA schools that Bomar was limited to.
  27. jumanji

I guess we just see it differently then. I think that his previous charges are relevant considering he was talking about shooting people and his previous charges involved a gun. Just a different way of looking at it....