Fantasy NHL Keeper - Any Interest?

Discussion in 'NHL & College Hockey Discussion' started by MeLLo, Jan 12, 2013.

1. MeLLo

MeLLo SRMer

I think we tried this last year and got 6 or 7 which wasn't enough to get it going. I'll tag some users and see if we can possibly get 8 - which is what we'd need.

Edit - can't tag. Is it still username ?
  2. smoney

smoney SRMer

I'm interested
  3. cmnelson1987

cmnelson1987 SRMer

I'd be interested.

To take, you have to go @ username. Like MeLLo
  4. MeLLo

MeLLo SRMer

5. MeLLo

MeLLo SRMer

6. Lawdog

Lawdog Administrator Staff Member

I do not follow the NHL/NBA/MLB enough to function effectively as an owner of any fantasy league. Sorry, all energy is devoted to being the SRM FF NFL CHUMP
  7. smoney

smoney SRMer

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. gribbzz

gribbzz SRMer

I would have no idea who to pick. Sorry. I only watch the Bruins so I don't have the knowledge of players like I do in football.
  9. The Rattler

The Rattler SRMer

I would do it!
  10. KMoney

KMoney Administrator Staff Member

I'd do it only if you guys are short a man. I really don't know too much about hockey outside of the Flyers and bigger name players, but I can try. So that's your call if you want a rookie.
  11. smoney

smoney SRMer

that's what google is for.
  12. woody1351

woody1351 SRMer

i have a hard enough time with basketball. theres no way i could do hockey
  13. brothers11

brothers11 SRMer

I'd give it a go
  14. stsags

stsags SRMer

Nah sorry, I am about ready to take off for foreign lands so I won't have internet access for most of it. One draw back of my job.
  15. kevin515

kevin515 SRMer

I'd be in.
  16. MeLLo

MeLLo SRMer

17. cmnelson1987

cmnelson1987 SRMer

Yeah, I'm still in. I love hockey, but am not overly knowledgeable about players, so fantasy hockey probably isn't my forte, but I'm still in.
  18. KMoney

KMoney Administrator Staff Member

Like I said I'm in if you guys are one short, so if you have 7/9/11 and are looking for 8/10/12 I'm in.
  19. smoney

smoney SRMer

When is our draft? Who is commish? Don't think we can do a keeper league because you know some people won't return next year. Let's do Thursday at 8pm EST for the draft. Someone setup the league (whoever commish is) and start inviting people.
  20. MeLLo

MeLLo SRMer

We still need 1 more before I create the league. Ill create it and commish & ill appoint someone a co-commish just to be safe (doubt ill ever have to touch anything)
  21. smoney

smoney SRMer

teams need to be locked when they are eliminated to prevent people from dumping their teams. it happened a few years back when we had an SRM league. Commish approves trades. 2-day waiver period. Waiver based on draft order (i.e. draft first, waiver is 10th to begin season).

League suggestions:

Positions:
    C,C,LW,LW,RW,RW,D,D,D,Util,Util,Util,G,G,BN,BN,BN,BN,IR,IR,IR

Stat Categories:
    G,A,Points, PP Points, SH Points, Plus/Minus, Shots, GW Goals, Wins, GAA, SV %, Shutouts, Saves
  22. brothers11

brothers11 SRMer

I think the abbreviated season will be good for this kind of crew who is interested but not overly knowledgeable...yet.

Maybe use the shortened season to see how everyone responds and gets into it and then maybe we can expand in size and/or to a keeper next season?
  23. MeLLo

MeLLo SRMer

That's fine - I just have my doubts that we're going to find an 8th so I'm not gonna count my chickens before they hatch
  24. The Rattler

The Rattler SRMer

Just find one person outside of SRM.
  25. smoney

smoney SRMer

26. smoney

smoney SRMer

I'm shocked that there aren't 8 people here that would play fantasy hockey. Oh well....next maybe
  27. brothers11

brothers11 SRMer

yeah this is a bummer
  28. smoney

smoney SRMer

fantasy hockey is going to be great this year, too, with all of the games played in a short time frame
  29. gribbzz

gribbzz SRMer

If you guys still want to do it I'll join. I was hesitant because of how frequently the games are but I talked to a buddy of mine who said you can set your lineup weekly. I do have a feeling I will watch more hockey this year as well so that might make it exciting.
  30. MeLLo

MeLLo SRMer