Dolfan's 2013 NFL mock draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Central & NFL Free Agency' started by dolfan2004, Mar 4, 2013.

1. dolfan2004

dolfan2004 SRMer

I'm hoping to do a 3-4 round (may stretch it to 4, so I could get in 7 picks for Miami)... But here is a mock of TE 1st round, done after franchise tags... So I factored in Albert getting tagged in KC...

1. Chiefs - Luke Joekel, LT, Texas A&M
    2. jacksonville - Eric Fisher, LT, Central Michigan
    3. Oakland - Geno Smith, QB, Weat Virginia
    4. Philadelphia - Lane Johnson, RT, Oklahoma
    5. Detroit - Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
    6. Cleveland - Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
    7. Arizona - Matt Barkley, QB, USC
    8. Buffalo - Jarvis Jones, DE/OLB, Georgia
    9. NY Jets - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
    10. Tennessee - Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina
    11. San Diego - Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida
    12. Miami - Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
    13. Tampa Bay - Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
    14. Carolina - Keenan Allen, WR, Cal
    15. New Orleans - Star Lotulelei, NT, Utah
    16. St. Louis - Kenny Vacarro, S, Texas
    17. Pittsburgh - Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU
    18. Dallas - Matt Elam, S, Florida
    19. NY Giants - Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
    20. Chicago - Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
    21. Cincinnati - Alec Ogletree, MLB, Georgia
    22. St. Louis (from WAS) - Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
    23. Minnesota - Jonathan Hawkins, DT, Ohio State
    24. Indianapolis - Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
    25. Seattle - Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
    26. Green Bay - Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
    27. Houston - Damontre Moore, OLB, Texas A&M
    28. Denver - Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
    29. New England - Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
    30. Atlanta - Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
    31. San Francisco - Jonathan Cyprien, S, FIU
    32. Baltimore - Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame

...left out any comments or analysis, because I feel it generates more discussion that way... So send in TE thoughts, questions and criticism.
  2. Negrodamus

Negrodamus SRMer

I just don't see the Eagles letting Dee Milliner, Jarvis Jones, or (unfortunately) Dion Jordan get past them, even with their issues.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. we wouldn't take a tackle first round. We need line help but more at guard and right tackle. Unless they flip Eugene Monroe which i dont see happening.

In this scenario, I would see us taking Dion Jordan or maybe even Milliner due to CB health age and free agency. Just dont see OL first round.
  4. mesahotguy5

mesahotguy5 SRMer

I think the Vikes would take Werner or Damontre Moore in this situation
  5. dolfan2004

dolfan2004 SRMer

I was tempted to go with Jordan... But, IMO, if they are going to make the transition work, they need to protect Vick, to get his confidence... When Peters comes back, put him back at LT, and plug Lane in at RT, where he has experience, and you got a talented athlete providing blindside protection. I just feel that with Joekel and Fisher going 1 & 2, the urgency to get a T in Philly will push Johnson up their board.
  6. dolfan2004

dolfan2004 SRMer

In all honesty, I've just been seeing a large amount of mocks lately connecting Fisher to Jacksonville... Their pick is so difficult to call, even as the 2nd pick... IMO, they will really be looking to find a trade partner... I am thinking Arizona, with this growing sentiment that Oakland has their eyes on Geno Smith... If he works out and interviews well with Arizona, I could see them looking to move up to secure Geno Smith... As for Jacksonville's side, whether it is OL, DL, Milliner, any of the top 7 players fits their needs.
  7. dolfan2004

dolfan2004 SRMer

I was considering them, Austin and Trufant
  8. cmnelson1987

cmnelson1987 SRMer

Many people are saying that Fisher is the most sure thing in this draft, and that he's a guy you draft and plug in to your lineup for the next 10 years without a worry. OT may not be a weak spot for you guys, but you can never have enough talent on the O-line, and if they have him ranked as highly as some other people, you don't pass up on him.
  9. mesahotguy5

mesahotguy5 SRMer

Tavon Austin would depend on if we trade Harvin or not. If we trade him than I could see us taking him but if not than we would address a different position with Patterson and Allen off the board.
  10. dolfan2004

dolfan2004 SRMer

That is how I see it too... I don't think having Harvin takes Austin off the board, but IMO, with the value of all these players being so close, I had to go with who I felt filled the best of both value and need... Truth be told, I'm not a huge fan of Werner or Moore.
  11. eagles15

eagles15 Moderator Staff Member

If it played out like this i dont see the eagles reaching for the #3 ot over floyd, jordan or millner
  12. dolfan2004

dolfan2004 SRMer

I considered Milliner, Jordan, and, if he checks out, Loutoleli... I just don't see Floyd as a fit in a 34, nose or end. My thinking was when ever there is a Run on a position you see teams with a need at that position maybe reach a little (I don't consider Johnson a big reach), it happens every year... For that reason, I could also see the 4th pick being moved to add additional pieces... Of the top 10 picks I'd say 2 and 4 will be the most talked about trade pieces, followed by the 1st pick.
  13. Negrodamus

Negrodamus SRMer

I just think Lane is a bit of a reach at #4 where someone like Milliner looks like he will be a stud in the NFL.
  14. claw1185

claw1185 SRMer

I hope Milliner goes to the Raiders. I doubt he makes it to pick #6, but if the Browns had him, their 2 CBs would be NASTY
  15. Luffsta

Luffsta SRMer

I could see the Panthers taking Cordarrelle Patterson at #14 but not Allen. Allen looks too much like Brandon Lafell to use a 1st round pick on him. The Panthers only have 5 picks in this draft & they need to try to find a safety, CB, & DT. Who they can start. I think they will probably go D with that first pick. Their safety play was so bad last year I bet they would go with Vaccaro if he is there. They also would probably take Lotulelei if he makes it to them. He is too good if he checks out medically to pass on if he is there at #14.
  16. dolfan2004

dolfan2004 SRMer

Luckily the draft is deep at S, CB, and DT... Also, WR, so Lotulelei makes sense.