Bynum needs major knee cartilage replacement surgery

Discussion in 'NBA Basketball Discussion' started by MeLLo, Nov 20, 2012.

1. MeLLo

MeLLo SRMer

Breaking news from story in Wilmington News Journal according to 97.5

Like I said, if it looks too good to be true (Bynum for Iggy) it usually is.
  2. TyKixx

TyKixx SRMer

This (& the Eagles) has me grinning ear to ear when thinking of all the ignorant Philly fans I know around my way. Too funny.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. KMoney

KMoney Administrator Staff Member

We were raped in the trade from the get go. He is a big man who thrived off of Kobe and Pau and is always injured. Yao Ming 2.0 he is done.
  4. J-Pass

J-Pass The Producer

Wilmington News Journal, eh?

No one else has confirmed this story.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. KMoney

They talked about it on the radio too. He'll never play for the sixers, if he does it'll be one of the worst signings in basketball because he'll still get a max if not close to a max contract, won't have Kobe and Pau doing all the work, get hurt, be slower and maybe if he's lucky play 30 games a season for the rest of his career.
  6. KMoney

The Lakers have possibly pulled off the 2 most raped trades of all time. Essentially the best big man in the league for a washed up injured 25 year old in a 80 year old body. and Pau for Kwame brown haha kudos lakers.
  7. KMoney

[​IMG]
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. MeLLo

MeLLo SRMer

9. Negrodamus

Negrodamus SRMer

If he never plays for us, there should be primal rage from the crowd next time his team comes to the Wachovia Center.
  10. gco211

gco211 Moderator

That's the condition a random doctor suggested he might have having not seen Bynum nor the MRIs. It was reported a couple of days ago and Bynum at one point denied it. I'm guessingcrappy reporting by the Wilmington whatever.
  11. MeLLo

MeLLo SRMer

I think it's legit. One of the giveaways to me was they said with this condition your knee just gives out at a random time. You could be walking in your kitchen and it gives out. Would explain why bowling caused his other knee to give out.
  12. smoney

smoney SRMer

We only had him for this year, right?
  13. claw1185

claw1185 SRMer

Say what you want about that trade, but it was NOT Kwame for Pau. It was a cost cutting move to try to sell the team, and they got Marc Gasol in the deal. I don't think that move worked out too poorly for Memphis. Drafting Thabeet #2 or trading Kevin Love for OJ Mayo on the other hand...
  14. TyKixx

TyKixx SRMer

Technically, they traded the picks not the players. had they not agreed upon the trade they may have drafted Love and kept him. It is not really the same thing.
  15. MeLLo

MeLLo SRMer

Wellllllllllllllll

Worst.trade.ever!

Sixers are back in the Stone Age.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. TyKixx

TyKixx SRMer

Man, Orlando kind of ended up pretty good on this one. I liked the JJ trade too.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. KMoney

I said that from the beginning. Even if Bynum played he is not going to make them a contender. Bynum is going to get a max contract to somewhere like Houston. I've said it over and over, Bynum only had good numbers because Kobe and Pau we're double leaving him open layups/dunks. He can rebound, but that's really not a shocked considering he's 7 foot.

Bynum is fucking garbage and probably the most overrated player in the NBA.
  18. Deftoner

Deftoner SRMer

I wouldn't say he's that bad, but I've always thought part of his problem is that he never wanted to be in Philly and now that the season is almost over, he has no motivation to play. He's always been lazy and immature, this just proves that.

Teams really need to lowball him next year and make him earn that money. But this is the NBA where the Kwame Browns of the league can make $6 million a year.
  19. gco211

gco211 Moderator

2 years, $3 million per.
  20. Deftoner

Deftoner SRMer

Not even talking about this year, I meant in past years when everyone already knew how bad he was. He made almost $7 mill with Golden State just last year and he didn't even play 10 games.
  21. KMoney

He's not bad, he's just overrated. He is not a top 10 big man in the league.
  22. Moe Harkless has started to come on as of late. The more and more time that passes from the trade the more and more i like it. Nik Vucevic and Harkless are two good bricks on the rebuilding job. Harkless averaged 11.5 and 6.5 during the month of feb. Vuc is averaging 12 and 11 for the year. With those two guys plus the addition of Tobias Harris I think our future is bright, a lot brighter had we just traded for Bynum
  23. ACC Rulez

ACC Rulez SRMer

I am interested to see how his free agency goes and who gives this clown a contract. I have been warning Laker fans for years about his knees (and attitude) and I also warned Sixer fans right after the trade. If he gets a Max or near Max contract, the GM should be fired immediately.
  24. MeLLo

MeLLo SRMer

Well a few days ago the Sixers responded to a report that Bynum's knee condition is degenerative by saying they can't discuss that due to HIPPA laws, so I'm guessing they're probably in really bad shape. Also, Bynum mentioned that they're growing cartilage in Petri dishes now (which isn't really relevant) which kind of lends credence to speculation he needs cartilage transplant surgery. Kinda makes you wonder though - if cartilage replacement surgery would help him & the recovery time is 6-8 months then why hasn't he had the surgery? I heard if you have no cartilage or too little that cartilage replacement surgery is no longer an option. You have to have some cartilage to perform the surgery. Maybe that's the case & that's why he mentioned that they're growing cartilage in Petri dishes.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  25. KMoney

Bum ass Bynum will get a max deal from a team like Houston who always are trying for big men.
  26. MeLLo

MeLLo SRMer

Bynum's upcoming season ending surgery is apparently to remove loose cartilage in his knees. This is not cartilage replacement that some people in the media speculate that he needs - this is just cleaning out the knees. So there's the possibility he's just cleaning things out to reduce pain & then he can workout for teams interested in signing him this offseason.
  27. JShow34

JShow34 SRMer

Bynum had zero motivation to get on the court this season. The risk he had getting out there and causing a serious injury was far too great for him in his contract season. Like it was said about him by players in LA, he just doesn't really like the game of basketball. To him it's a job and $$ which is unfortunate for Philly fans if he ends up leaving. He can really play.
  28. Negrodamus

Negrodamus SRMer

I don't want him... Let him go. I don't want to be on the hook for 5 years with a center who has deteriorating knees.
  29. KMoney

Bynum will play at best 50% of the season games for the rest of his career. Any big contract he gets will be absolutely idiotic and asinine. I bet he leaves and will have one of his little smart ass comments about the sixers. I hope he goes to the bobcats loses and loses all of his money. He is a walking talking joke who hasn't earned anything.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. Lawdog

Lawdog Administrator Staff Member

... plus a good swift kick in the head...